Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG{3} It's no fair, I WANT MY OWN AVATAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FB - you could well be right - just look at her post record - it comes in bursts of interest (she is a 15 year old) - I think this week she is busy posting on Werewolf.com !!! - I shall point out that her thread is still alive and see what she has to say then ...

*scary mean ancient parental mode *
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

SG{3}
      ! year until I have to do them
      *hyperventilates, falls out of chair, lies unconcious on floor, comes round*
      sorry about that...
      Oh nooooo GCSEs
      Then AS levels and A levels aghhhhhh!

Beast, I have absolutley no idea how to do this thing, and would quite like to do it, but I do like being part of the collective...
      It gives me a notoriety and confuses new posters
      any how, will try and overcome fear and get my own.

*hypervenitlates about GCSEs again!*

admits that is predicted 5 A* and realises that 1 would be a miracle

Comment

GCSEs are a piece of piss. Don't worry about them. At all.

(okay, okay, so I got 6A*... so what? )
        Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Just 6?
          Just wait

Roll on August 24th
          bet this backfires
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I got 6A* on the back of no work whatsoever...

Comment

5A, 2B, 2C, but this was before the day of poxy A*

They are easy, but I didn't do as well in those subject which I despised. I really did dislike English Lit; I'd rather gouge my own eyes out with an iguana than have to study that again!

My A-Levels were alright though...but I hated arts subject. Once my history teacher said I would fail all my GCSEs and never get anywhere, but I did alright in the end
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Some history teachers are wily old birds, Provost. There may be more ways to motivate a cat than just skinning it! (For your next English lit asignment you can explain why that analogy didn't quite work with ilustrations of lame wit spanning no less than three genres only two of which may be Civ related).

I found "O" levels (the GCSEs of my day) quite the hardest of the exams I took (with the possible exception of land law in the Law Society Part II exams - I mean to this day I wouldn't know a bona fide purchaser for value without notice if he got up and bit me in my darling equities). It was something about the number of subjects plus, of course, the exquisitely tuned laziness of the 16 year old.

I further remark that the maturity and penetration which comes with the advance of years (and the fatherhood of a 16 year old tackling maths to-morrow) discloses the unquestionable fact that it is the parent of offspring attempting exams who goes through far the worse - and is deserving of all the sympathy/holidays/parties etc subsequently going - as compared to those happy persons who merely sit the things.

Comment

I got 6A* on the back of no work whatsoever...
                  Hmmm, these exams seem very important and I should not be given the message that laziness is good. Don't go encouraging me that results can come at the expense of no energy.

I don't need any encouraging
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I was at a disadvantage in my Maths exam today. I didn't get to see the paper in advance, unlike those cheating cockney bastards...!

Wouldn't have made any difference anyway. It was impossible.

Comment

It was impossible.
                      No, question one in the Scottish physics paper was impossible...

Comment

EST - you have the right of it - both about 'O' levels and parenting examinees ...

Comment

SGs, I may have hit upon a solution to the problem of one avatar for three of you. Whilst reading to my daughter, I noticed several fine pictures that could work for all three. Richard Scarry's books have rat pirates! All you need is a scanner (a quick web search proved fruitless). With one image,

SG1's fondness for agressive rodents is met by the rats themselves,
                          SG2's admirality is adhered to, as they are on a ship,
                          SG3's demand for something, how you say, un-civvy can also be met.

I realize that families don't stay in representative government for long periods. Perhaps at the next revolution an image could be uploaded...
                          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                          intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
                            I realize that families don't stay in representative government for long periods. Perhaps at the next revolution an image could be uploaded...
                            ROTFLMAO @ M de S
                            Thanks for the reference ...

Comment

Sorry to bother you folks with this, but I can't seem to make a hyperlink appear in my signature. Does anyone know why this is the case? Thanks ahead of time.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

skip the [url] bits. Either use HTML code or vB code, not both.
                                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
                                X